Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Year Plans

After our the slew of Christmas and New Years gigs the band is planning to take a little travel break, and maybe even play a few gigs a long the way. We have already spoken with the people at Hangzhou's JZ Jazz Club who have invited us to take the stage in mid-January. After that we may also get a chance jam with the folks at the Shanghai JZ, just an hour away by express train.

After our mini-tour of the east coast we will head back west to our piano player Larry's hometown in Xinjiang province. I forgot to ask him the name of the town but I believe it's pretty close to the Kazakhstan border. I don't envision a lot of opportunities to play jazz up there in the rural northwest but I'm sure it will be an incredible experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you might be making your way to Yili or Tacheng. You ought to see if you can get anything booked in Urumqi seeing as you're going to have to go through there anyway.

Like you said, I doubt that many people have heard of jazz up there, but it will definitely be an experience! Whenever you get dates, post them for sure.

Jane said...

Just logging on to your blog. My fam (3 young kids, husband, me) are looking to teach ESL in Sichuan for 3 years, so will read your blog eagerly to check out your experiences. Thanks!