Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Have Not Forgotten the Blog!

I just want to make a quick post before I go to sleep because I know it has been too long. These days I've been helping my good friends Will and Andrew get situated here in Chengdu. So far it has been great having them as recent additions to the band and to the city. Lately the group has been getting ready to make a quality recording which should help us land some interesting gigs in the future, possibly in distant cities. One particular goal is to make it to Hangzhou's (very close to Shanghai) JZ jazz club at some point this winter. These days the band has also been sorting out our schedule for Christmas. Apparently in China, Christmas is the time of year where every hotel, bar, every other entertainment venue wants live music- and are willing to stretch their budgets to pay for it. As the only jazz band in town we have already been getting a myriad of offers. The challenge now lies in making a schedule to play as many of these gigs as we can.

I must give a shout out to my pal Brent, that other foreigner saxophone guy in town. He recently held a great recital at the music conservatory. Brent, 你很帅。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Propobaly you may come up to Suzhou to try some audditons, where you can find how enormously hard for hip guy here to find a decent and up-scale jazz band for real.
Good luck on your grand mission

Jose in Shanghai