Friday, October 10, 2008

Barky Van Schnauzer Blogging!


Lazy days here at the homefront in Avon. Mostly I have been parked in front (or underneath) the computer with Lucy the dog, trying to will myself to write this personal statement for law school applications. You'd think the peace and quiet of living out in the woods here would be a cure for writers block but to me the silence is really loud and annoying. Anyway, Yom Kippur was full of atonement as usual with a nice family and friends dinner to celebrate. These days I've also been getting all my doctors and dentist appointments in before my birthday. After November 30th I will no longer be covered by Mom's plan. Hopefully the stock market will take it easy with all the crashing and I can extend my coverage.

So I've been away from China for almost a week. I'm already starting to miss things about life in Chengdu, yet also really appreciating some things here. Surprisingly I am really liking the simple, healthy food at home. The cereal with milk, or coffee with a bagel. The sandwich for lunch and a nice steak and potatoes for dinner. And the bread! As tasty as Sichuan cuisine can be it just doesn't satisfy like a good American diet. And maybe this fondness for American food has something to do with the food poisoning I got three times in the last six months. I do miss my pals though, and just the Chinese people in general. People are genuinely nice, sincere, and pretty easy going back in the far east. My impression here in Avon, Connecticut is that people are a bit uptight, selfish, and really passive aggressive. This could be somewhat attributed to the economy, gas prices, or politics. Of course this is a huge generalization but it's just an overall feeling I get now that I am back. Tonight I'll be going out to a bar and I'm sure I will also be missing the drink prices of China.

Well there probably won't be much to write about in the next couple weeks but don't forget about joshisjazz! The real excitement that made this blog such a hit in the first place will be back in no time! And maybe while I'm home I'll do a little site re-design and make this website a bit easier on the eye...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucy looks so cute!