Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Journey Begins...

Tomorrow morning I'll be heading out early to Brooklyn to kick it with my main man Andrew "Webster" Smiley. We'll be eating at perhaps the best breakfast establishment in the entire world- Tom's. All my readers in the NYC area, please shoot me an e-mail and we can get together to talk China, politics, breakfast, Steve Clemons style.

Tuesday afternoon my thirteen-plus hour flight departs from JFK to Beijing, then connects to Chengdu after a four hour layover. When my twenty hour journey is complete I should be back in my Chinese home at around 10:30PM China time, Wednesday. My band has a gig that night at Cafe Paname, but I'll have to see how exhausted I am before I make any commitments.

The next time I step foot on American soil there will be a new president.
Thanks to Colin Powell I am feeling confident that this country is in store for a president and system of governance that I can look forward to returning to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'll cover Paname on Wednesday. You just rest your sleepy head.

Love, Brent